Tips For Using Pinterest For Your Business
Oct 11, 2023
Starting a business is not just about thinking of a suitable business name and getting all the legal requirements set up. These days, aspiring entrepreneurs must also take into consideration the marketing aspect of their business.
There are a lot of options when it comes to marketing your business, the most common being social media. According to Sprout Social, the top 3 social media platforms consumers and brands anticipate using in the next twelve months are Facebook, Youtube, and Instagram.
However, the longest lifespan of those social media posts is 20 to 30 days. After that, your post will be deleted and will not be seen again by anyone. So if you’re looking for the best way to promote your business organically, Pinterest is the perfect platform for you. A Pinterest pin can last on the internet from 3.5 months to several years. This is a minimal marketing effort with the opportunity to provide evergreen content. How awesome is that?
To be able to utilize Pinterest and how you can use it in your business, here are some Pinterest best practices to get you started.
Top 5 Tips For Using Pinterest In Your Business
- Create a Pinterest business account - Pinterest is the perfect platform to get people to warm up and get eyeballs on your product, service or content. When you create quality pins leading to quality content, that is practically timeless, compared to posts of other social networking platforms. By creating your Pinterest business account, you will have all the features of a Personal account plus other unique tools such as the Pinterest business hub and Analytics.
- Websites must be claimed on Pinterest - Claiming your website in Pinterest puts a symbol next to your website and lets users know your website is legit. You will also be able to see the performance of pins linked to your website through the Analytics page. This is very helpful especially if you want to drive traffic to your blog or website.
- Optimize account and pins for SEO - Pinterest is a search and discovery engine much like how Google works. Therefore, when you optimize your account and use keywords in every pin title and description, your pin will get a better chance of getting seen.
- Publish new website content regularly - Pinterest users are always searching for things they want to learn about or plan for a future event. If you provide valuable content on a regular basis as well as creating fresh pins for that content, users will more likely save your pins or click through to your blog post or shop.
- Create high quality and engaging pins - Use the right pin dimensions, the 2:3 aspect ratio. Use high-quality, vertical images e.g. 600x900 or 1000x1500, so that pins will stand out in people's feeds. Only use images that are relevant to what you're talking about in your post. It also helps to include a CTA (Call To Action) in your text overlay to further attract users’ attention.
So there you have it! If you follow the above essential steps and Pinterest rules for businesses, there is no doubt that your business will achieve great results.
If you’re not using Pinterest for your business, now is the time to get started on the platform. We created a Pinterest Workbook to help you get started!
What business tools do you use to market your business?
If you find this article helpful in your business, don’t forget to save this pin for later!